I want to thank all of you who subscribe to this blog. It’s because of your faithful readership that the blog is doing so well.
It may surprise some of you that I’ve had days where I’ve entertained the thought of shutting the blog down.
Why? Because of the time it takes away from other projects, especially writing books. Add to that, I sometimes get discouraged that I have thousands of lurkers (who are full-fledged subscribers) who never make a comment.
But every time I’ve entertained such thoughts, someone will let me know that this blog is making a difference in their lives. So I press on.
That said, here are eight things I want you to know:
1) If you are subscribed by Email, you will see the share links below each post. Click them to share the posts on Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Stumbleupon, or Email the link to a friend. Most readers use Twitter or Facebook.
Here’s what the links look like at the bottom of your post when you receive it by Email:
2) Never make a comment by clicking “Reply.” No one will see it. You must make your comment on the blog itself. The easiest way to do this is to click the title/heading of the post when you get it in your Email inbox or click the “comments” link at the bottom of the post (see above).
3) I am not the person who moderates comments. If you ever make a comment and you don’t see it, check these 10 Rules for Commenting. IMPORTANT: A small percentage of legitimate comments go into spam. This blog receives over 1,000 spam comments a week, so if your comment goes into spam, it’s automatically deleted without anyone seeing it. We aren’t sure why the blog software marks some comments as spam.
4) Most subscribers are in their 20s, 30s, or 40s. However, most in that age group never comment. Take that as an encouragement to participate in the conversations and not always lurk. I, for one, want to hear your comments. Even if it’s as simple as saying that a post was helpful to you.
5) Click here to read the top 50 posts of all time. These posts are evergreen.
6) Click here if you want to be notified about live events. Some of you have asked me about this.
7) Some of you have asked about our adverting rates to advertise on the blog or newsletter. If you’re interested in this, shoot an email to PTMIN@aol.com and ask for the ad rates page. The prices are better than most blogs that have less traffic.
8) Finally, my new book, Beyond Evangelical, is the official souvenir for this blog. If you enjoy my blog posts, you’ll enjoy the book. Some of the chapters do not appear anywhere else. Click the banner below to get your copy.