A Solution to a Problem You Have

This weekend I went over my blog posts that are in the queue and noticed that many of them try to solve a specific problem that many Christians struggle with. These problems are not only related to Christians, but to everyone.

Some of those posts deal with productivity, some deal with spiritual issues, some deal with interpersonal relationships, etc.

I’m writing this post to ask a question of all of you:

What problem that you have in your own life would you like me to address in a blog post?

If I have a solution, I’ll share it. If not, I’ll share someone else’s opinion who has a solution. (You can see my list of expert interviews in the Archives under “Reviews”.)

The problem can be as simple as “How Do I Get Up Early in the Morning?” or “How Do I Set Goals and Reach Them?” or “How Can I Be More Productive?” to problems in your spiritual journey and relationship with God.

Two final things:

1. If you have a book, resource, blog, or product you want to advertise on the blog, we have ad openings for July and August. Just click here for locations and prices.

2. Thomas Nelson just informed me that Barnes and Noble is running a special for my book, Jesus: A Theography. Click here to buy two copies and get a third free. Look to the right when you get to the page for the offer.

If you find this post helpful, you are free to ADD A LINK to it on your blog or website. But don’t copy and paste the post as this violates Google’s guidelines.

Join over 30,000 other readers and receive free blog updates. If you subscribe by Email, you will receive my eBook Rethinking the Will of God (Revised) and my Next Reformation Seminar as a free gift. By subscribing, you also won’t miss a post. If you want to start your own blog from scratch in less than 10 minutes, click here. And if you’re looking for a hosting or domain-name service, I highly recommend BlueHost.

Comments

1. Jeffrey Beasley says

How do we know what to pray in regards to healing? Is it God’s will that every person be healed? If that we’re true what need of faith would we have?
    The “post-charismatics” seem to be saying the God is suppose to grant our needs. That includes healing in all ares but mainly physical diseases.

2. tisha says

The issue of homosexuality won’t seem to go away. Is it a sin? How do we love those who practice it and the brethren who are pushing the church to say there is nothing wrong with it? I don’t want the church to be hateful about it, but dwelling on the subject sidelines our focus on Christ.

3. Pharalu says

Hello Frank,

I have to say that my meeting you through your blog and books has fractured my religiosity! The material in your books has humbled me to such an extent that i count most of what I considered valuable just a few months ago as complete rubbish! Despite being 30 years old in the Lord I feel that He has tolerated that much time of idiocy, lol!

Now I have 2 questions:

I used to be disciplined and religious in waking to seek the Lord for 3 hours daily from 3:am in a certain season. I could sense the impact of praying in the spirit, singing spiritual songs birthed during those hours of fellowship and I could see walls of opposition crumbling. In spite of the results I am guessing that I relied at least to a degree on soulish strength. Now I still want to pray so desperately and invest quality time in my relationship with the Lord and walking in the authority He desires for me but I can’t seem to find the spiritual strength to do so…

You advise anyone who feels the Lord leading him/ her to leave quietly. How can I leave quietly without sharing at least with those whom I had deep relationships the basis of my leaving? I just finished Pagan Christianty and would love to give one to every one I know because it is just such a profound book, but I feel there will be an exodus from my local assembly! What to do?

I look forward to reading from you.

Thanks

4. Sylvia says

When I travel and visit in various homes, I find it difficult to maintain regular devotional times. The more church-going and ‘religious’ the home is, the harder it seems to have intimacy with my Father. So I end up feeling dry spiritually – or worse. Your comments and suggestions, please. Thank you in advance.

Sylvia

5. Pat says

Brian I’m 37 years old in the Lord and have experienced the same thing. He meets me in ministry but not for me! I’ve learned to trust His finished work on the Cross; His promise to never forsake me, and I look to the day I will see Him face to face. Keep on plowing brother.

How about practical, how-to tips on blogging? In fact, I’m in need of a custom subscriber form for my blog and can’t get any advice on who to go to to have one made. Did you create your own or did you hire it out? And if so, can you recommend a good designer?

I see a lot about how to become more productive and I can relate to that yearning, but I also have learnt that sometimes that is the wrong question and we need to learn what to put down, no matter how good it is, so we can be more productive in the things we are called to be productive in. So I think it would be good to look at the issue, how do we know when it is time to let go of some things and then how do we know what to concentrate on and how to do that well without making too many enemies unnecessarily.

8. Derek says

Hi Frank

All of the above are areas would definetly be helpful to hear your answers to these, also if I can add:

1. If you were going to give a book about faith in God to a non christian what would that book be, I feel inadequately prepared to share the gospel even to those who inquire.
    2. Also the scripture, “for those who are caught (bound) in a sin those of you who are spiritual are to restore such a one”. How can we restore such a one, what does it mean to restore them?
    3. How do you reference all of the most important notes & highlights in the great books that you have read?

Thanks

9. Fred says

Having experienced the tragedy of losing my wife some months ago through a most traumatic illness and being diagnosed weeks later with what the medics call terminal cancer, my thoughts have turned to the period after death until the resurrection. I think I probably know all that is revealed to us through the Word and am unconvinced about many claims to have died and returned. I find that many Christians have never thought about this at any depth

I have used a pseudonym.

• ALB says

I am sorry. Though I cannot imagine what you are going through, a book I just read came to mind:

I just read an amazing book called “A Severe Mercy” by Sheldon Vanauken ( http://www.amazon.com/books/dp/0060688246 ). It is an autobiography about Sheldon Vanauken and his wife – their love story with each other and how they came to the Lord. They had a friendship with CS Lewis; a lot of letters from Lewis are included in the book. In the story, Vanauken’s wife dies; the second half of the book is the authors walk through grief. He has some interesting perspectives on death and eternity.

10. rafi says

Frank, please address this problem: how can I experience Christ as my Walk all the time? How can I enjoy Him always, moment by moment?

11. Gaynor says

Something that has come up lately among friends in my church community is what is “gossip”? When we talk with our best friend about our marital problem or issue with our child, is that gossip? When someone at church shares a concern with another about issues with the children’s minister and the way he/she is handling particular issues that have not been resolved even after discussing it with the children’s minister, is that gossip? Sometimes, when discussing our (particularly women) hearts and trying to work out our feelings, it’s really difficult to know what is sin and what is “sharing” to aid in restoration. I’ve heard someone say it’s not gossip if the people involved are part of the problem and solution–if the two are discussing a matter with the intention of reconciling the situation. What are your thoughts on what constitutes as “gossip”?

12. Robert H.Trickey says

Dear Frank, First I want to say “Thank you” to you for your witness and writing toward the bringing of the Kingdom of God into reality in this world as in heaven. I’m in the middle of your book Reimagining Church and chapter 7 dealing with God’s Eternal Purpose is awesome. May God continue to bless you and make you fruitful and multiply your spiritual fruit in Yeshua HaMashiach.

Now, I appreciate your asking for questions that you can give responses to. I would appreciate reading your answers to all three of those simple questions you cited: 1. How do I get up early–on a regular, habitual, not sporadic basis–to seek Him. Along that line, what can you say to someone you don’t really know about establishing that intimate communication with Him? I’ve been praying for a hearing heart and opening the ear of my heart to hear His voice, but I sense that perhaps a big part of my shortcoming is in the area of expressing TO Him my thoughts and feelings, longing for immediacy of His Voice, His Presence, shortcomings of being able to know how to express love.

Also interested in your thoughts on 2. How to set goals and accomplish them, and 3. to be more productive in my walk and witness for Him.

One more thing: Can you give references to where real vibrant organic church is going on in the area of Tulsa, OK. Were you in the area where I am, I’d love to sit and talk with you if you had time. Meantime, thanks again for the opportunity to ask questions and tug your sleeve.

How do I advance my writing career without sacrificing what’s needful in raising my daughter (currently 9 months old)?

How do I encourage my sisters and brothers in Christ to communicate clearly and positively with each other — without sounding like I’m criticizing?

Thanks, Frank. : )

14. Christopher says

Hi Frank thanks for asking.

My question is:

How can I become more productive in my studying of the bible and putting what i have in my head on paper.

How can I achieve goals that i set.

Thanks

Frankie, I have a problem. I am 37 yrs old in the flesh and a 19 yr old in the spirit. I have had many beautiful and hard seasons with God. For the first 10 years, I heard from the Lord often. We had lots of adventures together – him asking me to do crazy stuff in faith and wow, did he comes through in some awesome ways. But about 7 years ago, he went silent. I heard from him a few more times over the next 3 years (like once every 6-9 months), and he’s been utter silent since.

What’s strange is that my other gifts are turned on – gifts of knowledge, prophecy, wisdom, mercy, leadership, etc – but he won’t talk to me about me, or my life, or how to fight any of the battles I need to fight.

This is NOT a dark night of the soul. My life and worship and fruitfulness is great. Its also NOT warfare as I live a very religious city (Memphis), but have prayed against any foul thing that might be blocking us talking. Nor is there any grievance sin problem in my life.

But whatever the cause, its like crickets over here. No words. Have you ever heard of a story like this where He just turns off the 2-way communication after having such a wonderful dialogue for over a decade?

Thanks Frank. Love you bro!

• Matt Ziemer says

Hi Brad, I have had those seasons of apparent quietness from the Lord. This scripture has helped point the way to renewed fellowship for me and He has always been true to this word:

Rev 3:17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.
      Rev 3:18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.
      Rev 3:19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.
      Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Awesome. I was actually just thinking about something that I wanted to ask you this morning, and then you ask us for our questions. :-)

I was thinking about something this morning…I guess it could go along with the productivity question.

How can I stay motivated to accomplish earthly things (promotions, more money, etc.) and still be focused on the eternal? I find that I kind of swing on a pendulum between being super focused on the things “that really matter” as far as Christ, eternal life, etc. and the other side with career, etc. I don’t know if that makes any sense. I don’t want to compartmentalize my life, nor do I think I should. But I find that some days all I can think about are “Christian” things and can’t really focus as much at work, and other days I am super focused at work, but don’t think about God at all.

Any wisdom I can glean is appreciated.

Thanks Frank!