No one is perfect. We all make mistakes.
However, here are 10 mistakes that Christians, especially those who are active in ministry, should avoid at all costs.
These aren’t the obvious ones that are typically talked about in Christian circles.
They are more subtle and less frequently discussed:
- Refuse to Receive Correction from Genuine Christians Who Have Credibility.
- Believe Accusations Against Your Brethren Without Going to Them Directly.
- Make a Cause More Important Than Christ and Do Not Understand the Difference.
- Believe the Myth That You Should Only Read the Bible and No Other Christian Books.
- Assume that Everyone Who Professes to Have a Ministry is a True Follower of Jesus.
- Break a Friendship Over an Interpretation of the Bible.
- Refuse to Have Peers Who Know You Well and Can Speak Into Your Life.
- Befriend “Christians” Who Falsely Accuse Others on Social Media and Blogs.
- Be Quick to Defend Yourself Against Attack and Return Evil for Evil.
- Buy the Lie That Reading Scripture is Unnecessary for Your Spiritual Development and Well-Being.
If you find this post helpful, you are free to ADD A LINK to it on your blog or website. But don’t copy and paste the post as this violates Google’s guidelines.