You Critiqued, I Listened

Hi Fun Seekers. A very good Friday to you.

A few weeks ago I unveiled my new book page and asked for your feedback.

Many of you generously gave me specific suggestions as to how to improve it.

So my team and I made many adjustments based on your feedback.

Surprisingly, upon seeing the new design, a professional copywriter I know made this remark:

“You should follow what works, not what people say they like. If you see an increase in people getting these books, stick with the new changes. If not, I’d put it back to the way it was.”

That comment made me pause. So here’s what I’d like to propose.

1. Take a look at the new page design.

2. If you think it’s better than it was before, then please . . .

* Share the page with your friends using the Facebook and Twitter buttons below it.

* Specifically recommend a book that touched you to your friends.

* If you don’t have one of the volumes, and the description for it intrigues you, pick up a copy.

* If a book really ministered to you, consider getting bulk copies to give to friends. (There is a bulk copy icon under each book. Bulk copies come at huge discounts.)

We’re going to be tracking the activity.

You, of course, are free to give your feedback in the comments. But what speaks the loudest about the page’s effectiveness is the activity it generates.

Click here to view the new page

Click refresh if you don’t see all the images of each book at the top.

Thanks so much!

If you find this post helpful, you are free to ADD A LINK to it on your blog or website. But don’t copy and paste the post as this violates Google’s guidelines.

Join over 30,000 other readers and receive free blog updates. If you subscribe by Email, you will receive my eBook Rethinking the Will of God (Revised) and my Next Reformation Seminar as a free gift. By subscribing, you also won’t miss a post. If you want to start your own blog from scratch in less than 10 minutes, click here. And if you’re looking for a hosting or domain-name service, I highly recommend BlueHost.

Comments

1. Dan Hergott says

Hi Frank:

The new formatted product page influenced me to purchase your Pagan Christianity audio book. I really like it.

Dan

2. Linda Spagnola says

I love it, Frank! Easier to find what one is looking for. I can even finally access your list of 100 books! Thank you so much!

3. Gaynor says

Frank, LOVE the new format! Organized well, just enough information to inform and pique interest for the books people have not read.

I hope you take time to REST, Frank. Your mind is always a-going! :)

Love and appreciate your work so much!

Blessings,
    Gaynor

Frank — I really like the new format. Perhaps it strikes the same chord as the “bookshelf” on my Kindle, but I just like seeing the covers displayed together and being able to scroll down to get more info on each book. I Just finished “God’s Favorite Place” and have been recommending it to my friends. Press on, brother! The best is yet to come.

5. Mary from INdiana says

I agree with Steve. I love the new look. If someone is looking for one of your books it’s easy to find.

6. Sylvia says

I LOVE the new format…..now I can see at a glance the various titles…..and it will be so much easier to select my next purchase. I just wish I could buy the whole shebang…

7. Steve Orr says

Fantastic improvement! You overcame the Amazon javascript which overwrites the book jpegs.

In a nutshell, the easier you make it for people to quickly navigate and find out what they want to know, the more likely they will follow up. If someone takes a short break to find something on your blog and it takes too long, they are more prone to interruption, distraction and not following through.

Short term “measurable results” can be misleading so be very careful about moving away from the page layout which your audience prefers. If the new page layout merely generates the same traffic that’s insufficient reason to abandon the new design. I seriously doubt you will see a significant drop off in activity with this new design.

As a service to your audience, it would also be nice if you incorporated this design technique into these pages:

Thanks, keep up the nice work.