Survey Results & Watchman Nee Box Set

Stay tuned for Monday’s post. It’s another edition of my Rethinking series.

Thanks to all of you who participated in the survey.

Here’s a brief sketch of the results.

1. There are slightly more males who read the blog than females. But it’s almost equal.

2. The majority ages are 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s.

3. Most of you want challenging blog posts.

4. Most of you prefer conference messages and subjects that I talk about alone on the podcast.

5. Most of you use iTunes to listen to the podcast. (A 5-star rating would really be appreciated in iTunes and help others find it.)

6. This one REALLY surprised me:

60% of you have purchased God’s Favorite Place on Earth, which is my life’s work.

40% of you have not.

I have a question for those of you who haven’t gotten that book. Please look at the book page – God’s Favorite Place on Earth Landing Page – and let me know what is missing from that page that, if it were present would compel you to get the book?

This feedback will help me enormously. If you bought the book, please don’t answer this question. I’m writing to the 40%. Thanks!

7. Your favorite books were:

Pagan Christianity

From Eternity to Here

God’s Favorite Place on Earth

Also, one person asked a very personal question in the survey comments. Please send your personal question to PTMIN@aol.com and you’ll receive an answer to it.

Finally, we are making available Watchman Nee’s best books as a special Box Set with a free book included by me. Supplies are limited. Click here to check it out. The set makes an awesome gift. Just click the banner below.

Nee-BookSet

Join over 80,000 monthly readers and receive free blog updates. If you subscribe by Email, you will receive my eBook Rethinking the Will of God (Revised) and my Next Reformation Seminar as a free gift. By subscribing, you also won’t miss a post. If you want to start your own blog from scratch in less than 10 minutes, click here. And if you’re looking for a hosting or domain-name service, I highly recommend BlueHost.

Comments

1. Barbara says

Only reason I belong to the 40% is because of a lack of cash and exchange rate to South Africa is x 10 before shipping :-(

2. James P says

Frank, the landing page is very plain. I need to see a quote or a testimony or a large cash reward to get me more interested in the topic.

A testimony? There were 47 testimonies about the book by other authors. Did you not see that? There’s also a sample of the book, which contains tons of quotes from the book. Did you not see that?

3. Jason Guinasso says

Question: I just received the Watchman Nee Box set (so excited!); however, I am not sure where to begin? What order do you recommend we read these books in?

4. Taco says

Hi Frank,

I tried to order the watchman nee set, but I am in the Netherlands and it could not calculate shipping’s so that I could not finish the order process, is there a way to go around this?

Taco.

HER EARLY STEPS

THE HONEYMOON YEARS

THE FIRST FEW MILES

THE NARROW PATH

WOODS FOR THE TREES

CHRONOLOGY

Interesting that you feel that GFPOE is your life’s work.

I wonder if you’re slightly mixing up your major passion – quality of genuine experience and friendship with Jesus, with your calling – which is to stir up and question inherited presumptions about church as it has come to exist.

While valuing and agreeing with the timeless message of the former, I find the latter more immediately challenging and helpful in our current context.

I’m quite clear on my major calling. :-) It’s certainly NOT challenging church ideas – I’ve only written 3 books on that subject and finished in 2009. My major calling is the deeper Christian life. “God’s Favorite Place” contains ALL the major themes of my entire ministry, and it’s more challenging than my other works on so many levels. It also provides what I believe to be THE vision for every church and every individual believer. So yes, it’s my life’s work and I’m not mixed up. ;-)

• Jason Guinasso says

With regard to the comments made about your writing and ministry, I think people should be required to read From Eternity to Here and Jesus Manifesto before they read Pagan Christianity. The vision and heart that you have of God, His passion and His people in those books illuminates and informs the questions and observations you make in PC. Unfortunately, many either have read about PC from a third party source or only read PC and have formed very harsh opinions about you and your work. Consequently, I have to be careful about how and when I cite and recommend your writing because of the preconceived (or misconceived) notions about you and your work. Maybe in a second edition of PC you and Barna could insert an introductory section consisting of a few chapters that pull out the major points made in FETH and JM? I know you are concerned about page length, but I think PC is an incomplete work without the arguments made in FETH and JM.