Why the Christian Right Won’t Adopt Me
- Like F.F. Bruce, I believe words like “plenary” and “inerrant” are unnecessary when speaking about the truthfulness of Scripture.
- I don’t believe the Bible clearly addresses the question of the eternal destiny of those who have never heard or understood the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- I don’t believe Scripture answers every question posed to it. And there are many questions, including theological ones, which are shrouded in mystery.
- I believe that racism and sexism are serious problems in the USA and shouldn’t be viewed as “lesser” than other moral evils.
- I believe that slander, hatred, greed, and fits of rage are just as sinful as fornication and stealing (so did Paul – 1 Corinthians 6:10-11; Galatians 5:19-21).
- I don’t know whether to whistle or wind my watch, to laugh or cry at The American Patriot’s Bible.
- I believe that God loves the poor and taking care of them should be just as high a priority as other social issues, if not more.[Continue Reading…]