Here are the top posts of 2014 (some were written before 2014, but they received major traffic last year so they made the list). The list is prioritized by most views.
I hope those of you in the States had a great Thanksgiving yesterday.
Here are 4 cool things you’ll want to know about today. The last two expire in 24 hours.
1. My publisher has just slashed the prices of two of my best-selling books for the next few days.
From Eternity to Here is $2.99 today until December 1st.
Jesus Now is is $4.99 today until December 1st.
2. If you sign up for BlueHost (for domain names and as your blog/website server), it’s on discount for only $3.99 a month.
Every so often, some of you will tell me, “I can’t believe I missed this!”
So I’m entitling this post “Don’t Miss This!” with the hopes that you’ll take action and not miss out on the following items of interest that are coming soon.
1) I’m holding two special events in 2015. Soon, I’ll be polling those who signed up to get more information on possible dates. So if you have any interest in spending a day with me next year, be sure to fill out the form for the event of your choice.
2) The majority of you who heard the 100th episode of my podcast never voted on which character caller you liked best. Go here to listen to the episode and vote on one of the character callers. Remember, I’ll be interviewing one of the character callers in a future episode. So your input is appreciated.
3) My premium discipleship course LIVING BY THE INDWELLING LIFE OF CHRIST will be available again in both the online and home edition versions in late November. Be sure to get on the waiting list so you don’t miss out. The course will only be open for 7 days.
4) I’m busy writing six new books to release in January 2015. Five are part of The Rethinking Series and another is a book on Christian Community. Your prayers are appreciated as I write these volumes. Combined, the page count will be around 700 pages. Here are some photos.[Continue Reading…]
Hi Fun Seekers,
I don’t usually post on Fridays, but I’m doing a bit of research on a mega bestseller called JESUS CALLING, and I want your help.
Thanks and have a great weekend!
I talk about this on my latest podcast.
Subscribe on Beyond Pod and listen to it on your Android phone (the podcast is called “Christ is All – Frank Viola”)
Oh, and if you have friends who are in ministry or if they are artists (writers, speakers, musicians, bloggers, etc.), send them the link. They’ll want to know about this opportunity.[Continue Reading…]
“The saddest thing in life is wasted talent, and the choices that you make will shape your life forever.”
~ from The Bronx Tale
When there’s an opportunity before you to make use of your talents and gifts or to improve them, don’t make the mistake of watching that opportunity pass you by.
Seize it. Immediately.
That’s how to avoid the problem of wasted talent.
Procrastination is your enemy here. I know this from experience. I wasted years because I put off golden opportunities. Thankfully, I learned my lesson.
On that score, I have a confession to make regarding a specific kind of talent. The gift of writing.
(If you don’t possess this gift or don’t know anyone who does, feel free to stop reading this post now. The rest deals with a specific opportunity for those who can write.)
There are three things I hate seeing. All three frustrate me to know end.
It’s because all three embody something that doesn’t have to occur . . .
Wasted Talent.[Continue Reading…]
Last weekend, I had the privilege of speaking at The Buzz Seminar in Orlando, FL.
The Buzz is a premium training for authors and bloggers.
The people who attended the event were the salt of the earth . . . some of the most impressive people I’ve ever met. And most all of them were believers.
So there was a lot of spiritual fellowship going on between sessions, and I was greatly edified by it all.
The other speakers — all believers as well — were phenomenal.
In one of my recent blog surveys, some of you said that your dream is to work from home.[Continue Reading…]
One of my closest friends, a man about 20 years my senior and who I’ve known and admired since I was in my 20s, has been stricken with Alzheimer’s disease.
It’s been escalating for over a year. And now it’s gotten to the place where he doesn’t remember our last phone conversation.
This is a man who I owe a great debt to in my Christian life and ministry. He’s the first one who exposed me to God’s heart for the poor and the oppressed, something I’ve been totally focused on for the last three years.
My friend isn’t on the Internet, for he has no computer. (I bought him two computers over the years, but one died and the other he sold.)
He’s never written a book, he has no blog or email address, and he is largely unknown. Yet he’s the smartest and wisest man I’ve ever met. A hidden gem in Christ.
One sad memory is burned in my brain. Last year, I treated my friend to dinner at an upscale steak restaurant called Charley’s steakhouse.
We finished our meal and he went off to the restroom. I waited, and when he didn’t return, I started searching for him.[Continue Reading…]
I said I would publish a blog post today (Thursday), but it will be posted tomorrow (Friday) instead.
You won’t want to miss it.
Also, if you haven’t yet listened to my latest podcast episode THE FIRST RELATIONSHIP, you’ll definitely want to hear it.
Don’t let the fact that it’s Part I of a series deter you.
It is a stand-alone conference message.
Those of you who commented had one response: “Wow!”
I felt that way while delivering it.
What a God!
P.S. If my podcast, blog, or books have blessed you, please share the love with one simple click.