Over the years, I’ve received tons of questions from my readers about the Holy Spirit.
Ten of the key ones have been . . .
1. what is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, exactly?
2. what’s the role of speaking in tongues?
3. is speaking in tongues the evidence of being baptized in the Spirit?
4. are spiritual gifts for today?
5. what’s the difference between a word of knowledge and a word of wisdom?
6. how does prophecy work today and can all Christians prophesy?
7. what is the five-fold ministry and how does it work?
8. how do we know the difference between the Holy Spirit’s work, the devil’s work, and the work of the human soul?
9. does the Holy Spirit do miracles today?
10. what do the gifts of the Spirit look like when operating in a church?
After many years of experience with the things of the Spirit and intense study of the Scriptures on the subject, I’ve put my conclusions in a book entitled Rethinking the Spirit.
I grew up in the Charismatic/Pentecostal movement and discovered, over time, what’s authentic in that movement and what’s unhealthy and unhelpful.
Unfortunately, I’ve watched some healthy churches pick up some of the bad habits in those movements, bringing them straight into healthy body life.
This is a travesty as far as I’m concerned.
I’ve written Rethinking the Spirit to help those churches navigate through the pure work of the Spirit from the human wrappings (which are often picked up by imitation).
I’ve also written it for the countless Christians who have questions about the Spirit’s work, ranging from those who doubt it, to those who fear it, to those who have overemphasized it, to those who have unwittingly counterfeited it.
Rethinking the Spirit is part of my Titan Collectible.