They are in no particular order, but these are seven things evangelical Christianity never taught me:
- How to practically live by the Christ who dwells inside me.
- How to practically learn how to hear the Lord’s voice beyond “pray and read your Bible.”
- That church-as-we-know-it is drastically different from church-as-God-would-have-it.
- What the gospel of the kingdom is and how radically it can altar a human life.
- How deep the tentacles of the world system go and how to break with it.
- That God’s presence is extremely subtle most of the time.
- How to find Christ in the Scriptures, including the entire Old Testament.
Mainstream Christianity didn’t teach them to me either.
And because of that, they have formed the basis of my own ministry to the body of Christ.
My own philosophy has been: If you see a problem, find a solution. Not just for yourself, but for others.