Comments

1. Alexis says

Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
    I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid
    option? There are so many options out there
    that I’m totally overwhelmed . Any recommendations? Thanks!

2. Ron Herr says

Was it Fromke (sp?)who wrote in the book, (not sure of the exact words of the title)”God’s Ultimate Intentions”, that what God desires above all else is, high quality “fellowship” (oneness/agreement as Jesus prayed for his disciples in John 17)(or as loving totally our Father/God and our neighbour as stated in Matthew 22:34-40)(this fellowship is modelled by the trinity)? During this time we experience that “fellowship” through his Son, Jesus, who is the head of the Church and followers of Jesus can be practically experiencing that “fellowship” in real-time by connecting with other Christ followers by functioning/interacting with other believers.

So could we ask another question, “Why does God have the eternal purpose of having the “centrality of Christ” be part of every believer’s passion who is functioning “organically” with a fellowship of believers”? The answer: Could it be so that people will be in high quality fellowship with God the Father through Jesus his Son? So can we legitimately add that the ultimate passion of God is to have fellowship in the trinity and have us humans be at one with Him.

Frank, I have really appreciated your writings over the years.

How do you respond?

I was wondering why I was so drawn to this man until I listened to this. Now I know why. If you have an hour to spare, you could not spend it better than by listening to this.
    I’m begging my brothers and sisters to migrate beyond “evangelism” and humanism. Empty yourselves of your agenda and “mission.” Become available to BE what God designed you to BE. Repent from being preoccupied with the stress that comes with the assumption that God needs you to work FOR Him. Enter His rest and cease from YOUR OWN labor. We have been so sidetracked from our TRUE mandate. What you ARE is lost from the body of Christ and from humanity when you give yourself to slave labor. And when you are slaving away, don’t be so fooled as to think that HE is your master.

Frank, I don’t think that I have heard this discussed yet, but it comes naturally to me and I want to know your opinion. Ever since I have learned the eternal purpose of God it is the basis of how I testify to the supremacy of Christ with nonbelievers. I don’t consider myself an evangelist by any means, but I love talking about Christ and it seems good to share the magnitude of His greatness and His riches to those who don’t know Him.

5. Bobby says

My family and I left the institututional church about two months ago. Since then I have had a yearning to find and be a part of a living expression of Christ. Since hearing this message on God’s eternal purpose I find myself consumed with these thoughts everyday and these words pouring forth from me everywhere I go. I just started reading The Stewardship of the Mystery and Christ is becoming bigger to me than before. We are a young family and I thank God for you and for your work. I hope to my family would be used in a great way to make God’s eternal purpose known.

Hi Frank, we love the way that you continually point people to the centrality of Christ. Felicity and I are currently in the Philippines. We have had several people mention you and your books over here. So be encouraged! You are touching people all over the world.
    Tony and Felicity Dale

By the way, I’ve read Pagan Christianity and am in the process of Reimagining Church with a small group of believers in my community. Love it!!

8. Keith says

I am really struggling here. I am so glad to have found someone who can explain how I’ve been feeling for some times now. I am a recovering “minister.” I’ve been hurt many times by churches and I know I’ve done my share of hurting (though unintentional)

I am afraid. As someone who’s livelihood has (for 25 years) been made through institutional church, I am afraid that I won’t be able to make it financially with all of my “degrees” and experience. I really need help here.

I know you are super busy, but if you could send me an email so that we could have some conversation I would appreciate it.

Don’t get me wrong, I am tired of organized religion. I just don’t know how to make it. Isn’t that strange. A grown 46 year old man with a Masters who don’t know how to survive in the “real world.”

• Roger Roberts says

Brother Keith,

You have my heart! What do you love to do? Do that, and you will be fine. I live in Tigard OR. where do you live?

9. Luke Steele says

I am now 35 and the Lord has led me out of all that and its good to read and hear how the church should be .

10. Tom says

I’m new to your ministry and I found this one on itunes. I regularly listen to Francis Chan, Mark Driscoll, Tim Keller, John Piper and Matt Chandler. This eternal purpose message blew me away! I’m going to check out your other ones now, many thanks.