If you are reading this post through a blog reader or in an email, please take a moment to get off your horse, walk inside the blog building, and look around. You won’t see the drastic changes until you do.
Just click on www.frankviola.org and you’ll be escorted in. The blog is completely different from what it once was. “Different” as in monumentally improved.
A New Design
As you can see, we’ve changed blog themes. I recommend the StudioPress Themes for WordPress.
Let me give kudos to those gifted people who are responsible for constructing the new blog:
- John Saddington @tentblogger and Stephen Bateman @StephenBateman custom designed it. John is an amazing blog architect. Stephen is talented beyond his years.
- Rodrigo Aguilera @rodaguileramx created the heading and enhanced some of the banners. He too is an incredible designer.
- Kyle Reed @kylereed helped navigate me through some technical issues. He was very helpful.
- Jeremy Myers @jeremyers1 has been a great resource in giving me tips and instructions on how to use blog plug-ins, which you can do with the Standard Theme.
I recommend all of these folks should you wish to hire them to help you with your blog. They are very reasonable on their prices, and they do great work.
Incidentally, if the green “Advertise” button is wrapped to the left, underneath “Mission,” it means that you have an old version of Internet Explorer. You should upgrade or (better) use a more sophisticated browser like Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.
Web designers consistently tell me that very few people use Explorer today, and that it’s a poor browser compared to the others. Some site features don’t show up on it.
A New Direction
We’ve also changed the name of the blog. As you know, I write on seven themes:
- God’s Grand Mission (Mission in the category buttons)
- The Deeper Christian Life (Spirituality in the category buttons)
- Missional Organic Church (Church in the category buttons)
- Rethinking the Status Quo (Rethinking in the category buttons)
- Writing, Productivity, and Creativity (Writing in the category buttons)
- Humor (Humor in the category buttons)
- Reviews (Reviews in the category buttons)
Missional organic church is only one of those themes. In fact, if you take a quick look at the Archives, you’ll discover that only a small percentage of the posts I’ve written are church related. The rest are dedicated to the other six themes.
Consequently, Reimagining Church (the previous name) is not the best title for this blog.
Beyond Evangelical captures the blog’s content and focus much better.
In the next post, I’ll explain what “beyond evangelical” means and doesn’t mean. I’ll also roll out the mission of the blog.
A New Connection
If you already have a link to the blog on your site, but it says Reimagining Church, please change it to Beyond Evangelical.
Finally, if you have subscribed with an RSS feed/Blog Reader, but you used the WordPress feed instead of the Feedburner feed, you will need to re-subscribe.
If you are subscribed by Email, do nothing. You should be receiving all new blog posts in your email inbox just as you have before. (If not, you will have to re-subscribe with link above.)
If you aren’t subscribed yet, you can do so here. This will ensure that you don’t miss a post.