What follows are questions I’ve received from you all along with my answers. I think they cover what many of you are thinking or wondering about. One person kindly asked me about our present needs, so I weighed in on that as well.
Frank, your book Insurgence has shaken me and is doing incredible things in my life. I’m looking for people of like mind who are on the same page and have joined the Insurgence as I have? What do you suggest?
This is answered in 5 Ways to Spread the Insurgence (it’s been updated, so refresh when you get to the page).
I live in [name of city and state]. Can you come to my home and preach on the kingdom and help me form a kingdom cell? I can fill my house with people to hear you.
It’s simply not possible for me to take such requests as that’s all I’d be doing with my time. Traveling all over the world to establish kingdom cell isn’t my calling. My calling is to put into the world (and into your hands) tools so that people like yourself can form your own kingdom cell where you live.
I’ve written a super practical article on this very subject – How to Form a Kingdom Cell Where You Live. Since a kingdom cell only requires two people at a minimum, forming one isn’t terribly complicated.
There are also other resources on the supplemental website mentioned in the book that can be used as additional tools.
Do you think the Insurgence is going to spread to where it becomes a big movement or will it remain within a remnant?
First, God is God. What happens with the Insurgence is in His hands. I’m not trying to start a movement. I’m simply seeking to be faithful in getting the message out in every way I can (books, podcasts, YouTube videos, blogs, live events, etc.).
If I had to guess, I think it will be a remnant since it’s always been that way. But that doesn’t mean it’s going to be tiny.
For instance, right now there are Christian conferences going on in the USA that are drawing 5,000 to 10,000 people. I don’t envision a conference on the Insurgence ever drawing that many people. While it’s possible – I wouldn’t bet on it.
The gospel of the kingdom has never been popular, even in Jesus’ and Paul’s day. It’s just too costly. But I do see the Insurgence increasing each day.
What is the primary difference between the gospel of the kingdom and the gospel of salvation?
I address this in the book itself, but they are the same gospel. The gospel of the kingdom stresses the kingship of Jesus and its massive implications on our deliverance from the totality of the world system, our complete allegiance to Christ, and our devotion to His kingdom community (which is an alternative civilization on this earth).
The gospel of salvation emphasizes the Lord’s deliverance from the world, the flesh, the grip of the devil, and God’s judgment. They are two sides of the same incredible gospel message.
I just finished your kingdom book and it’s given me a personal revival. I’d like to invite you to speak on the gospel of the kingdom at our conference next year. How do I go about doing that?
All the information for invitations is on our speaking page.
I’m 32 years old and I can’t tell you much your work has transformed me and my wife. We’ll be forever grateful. I just wish I found you when I was in my 20s! I’d like to help you get your message out so what do you need exactly to reach more people like me who haven’t heard of your work. I’d also like to know what things concern you the most?
I appreciate this very much. I’ll break my answer into two parts which correspond to your question.
* A professional tech savvy person(s) who can help us with various aspects of our online ministry — mainly in helping spread the new YouTube Channel and podcasts so that those who need them will find them. (Note that we’re looking for a professional who has done this work for others, not an amateur or hobbyist.)
* An agent to represent my speaking ministry. I have an excellent literary agent (for books). But I’m looking for an agent for events. (I’m uninterested in Speakers Bureaus – those are a dime a dozen and it’s not what I’m looking for. The need is for an exclusive agent with experience who “gets” the work and wants to see it spread — the spiritual analog to a “Peter Grant.”)
* We have some other needs for the ministry, but I prefer to leave those with the Lord.
WHAT CONCERNS ME MOST
* The fact that most Christian leaders refuse to work with each other and the most gifted speakers of our day aren’t invited to speak in certain conferences. I wrote about this in Why Christian Leaders Don’t Work Together.
* The importance of and need for a ministry team. Let me say three things about this. First, the vision for a team isn’t my own idea, but something I’m convinced God has burdened me with. Second, if you read the PDF carefully – opposed to skimming it – you know that I’m NOT asking you to submit names to me. The call in the article is the opposite. Third, the three-fold criteria, which some may not understand, is what the Lord has put on my heart in relation to this team.
* The fact that so few older servants of God refuse to pass the torch on and so few younger people who are called of God aren’t looking for older mentors from which they can take the torch. I’m not speaking of going to seminary or Bible college either. I’ve written about what I mean in Passing the Torch.
I’d like to write a book and I have a friend who wrote a book but doesn’t know how to promote it. Don’t you have a training where you teach authors how to write a book and promote it?
Yes, it’s called SCRIBE, and in it, a NY Times bestselling author and I share everything we know about writing a compelling book, publishing options, and how to promote it in ways that actually work. 98% of those who attend last year’s SCRIBE event finished their book within a year and they either self published it (professionally) or landed a publishing deal. SCRIBE 2019 will be held in April, but registration is open now and we have seats left still. Go here to join the wait list ASAP and you’ll receive an email invitation with the details.
My son is in high school and I gave him Insurgence as a gift. He can’t put it down and it’s blowing his mind. I want your other readers who have kids in high school and college know that your book could start a revival among the younger people! I want to buy more for my nieces and nephews, what is the best price I can get the book?
This is so encouraging because I wrote the book in such a way that a high school student could comprehend the message and a seasoned scholar/theologian could benefit as well.
The best price in the USA (and Canada) that I know of is through Amazon.
If you’re looking to order 15 copies or more, see the bulk discount page.
Popular Articles (if you missed any of them)