Some of you who finished my new book, INSURGENCE: Reclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom, have asked how to form a “kingdom cell.”
For those who haven’t finished the book yet, a “kingdom cell” is the kingdom analog to “sleeper cells” in radical terrorist groups. A discussion on kingdom cells appears in the final “Taking Action” section at the end of the book. They are not to be confused with “cell churches.” A kingdom cell is a kingdom outpost of 2, 3, or 4 or more people.
In the book, I explain what to do when you’re kingdom cell has formed. This blog post offers ways to find people to be part of your kingdom cell.
1) Start a book discussion group for Insurgence in your church, Bible study, home group, or Christian college organization. (Or have a friend start one in any of these groups.) Go through the book together in your group and discuss the content, including doing the “Taking Action” steps. People are creating these kinds of groups all over the USA.
2) If you’re a youth pastor (or you are friends with one), use the book to educate those in your youth group about the Insurgence. (The publisher is giving a nice discount on bulk orders for groups.)
3) Take out an ad in your local paper and advertise a new Book Discussion Group for serious Jesus followers. Host the group in your home, a local restaurant, or coffee shop. When you all have your first meeting, introduce Insurgence as the suggested book to go through.
4) Use our new YouTube channel videos to spread the Insurgence and generate interest. The channel contains a playlist called Kingdom of God which contains interviews and conference messages on the gospel of the kingdom. As the videos spread, those interested in the Insurgence can connect with each other online.
5) If you (or someone you know) meets my criteria for partnering with me on launching an INSURGENCE Conference in 2019 or 2020 to equip and connect people who have joined the Insurgence, have them contact me. First read the criteria here.
6) Give your pastor a copy of the book and ask him/her to read it and get back with you about your desire to create a kingdom cell in your church. (Pastors are ordering the book by the truck load, and many are saying it’s shaken them to their core. You can read some of their reviews on Amazon.)
7) Ask the Lord how He would want you to reach out to others who may be interested in being part of the Insurgence.
So those are seven ways in which you can be proactive in forming a kingdom cell where you live. I’ll promise you this: It won’t just happen out of thin air. You need to take some initiative.